Saturday 8 June 2013

Bulgur salad with mango

Whilst Rob is away sailing with Toby and Maria I'm left to my own devices. This means mainly working and working out. Not very exciting I'm afraid. 
 
Having just moved I've been rather busy trying to sort our room out. I had British Heart Foundation to come around and collect 3 big bags of clothes and I've thrown away 2 bags of clutter. Feels pretty damn good I must say *patting myself on the shoulder* ;)
 
Anyway moving on to what made me write this post.
 
*Drum roll* bulgur salad with mango, surprise surprise! It was so much more than that tho and it was utterly delicious. I'm so happy I made enough to last for at least tomorrow's dinner as well. Hurrah!
 
What you need for one 2 portions - 
 
Bulgur
1 mango
1 lime
1 tomato
1/2 red onion
Coriander
 1/2 red chilli 
 Sea salt & pepper
Balsamic vinegar  
Feta cheese
 
As usual this is just guide lines. If you love spicy food add more chilli, if you like it a bit 
 sweet add more mango and so on..
Boil your bulgur. Chop up mango, tomato, red onion, chilli, coriander. Mix together in a big bowl. Squeeze your lime over the salad and add a dash of balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper. Mix it with your bulgur (make sure the bulgur is not to hot).
I served mine with a fillet of salmon and topped it with feta cheese. Although I'm pretty sure it will taste amazing with BBQ meat/chicken/sausages (lamb sausages for me next time)
Enjoy!
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment