Thursday 11 July 2013

Spicy lemon chicken wrap

I first found this recipe on Rosie "The Londoner's" blog but I adjusted it a little bit when I made it so you will get my recipe instead. Slightly healthier than the original recipe :)

Both me and Rob absolutely loved it and I will definitely make it many more times. 

Serves 2-3 people

500 g of chicken breast (fillets)
4 tbs of hot sauce I used this one
2 tsb of honey
3 tsb of olive oil
The juice from 1 lemon
A pinch of sea salt
2 tsb of paprika 
1 tsb chilli flakes

2 ripe avocados
1 garlic clove 
1 pinch of sea salt 
The juice from 1/2 lemon

Tortilla wraps
Creme fraiche 
Baby Spinach

Start with marinating your chicken which you have cut in to slices. Simply add your hot sauce, honey, olive oil, paprika, chilli flakes and lemon. Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for a few hours. Whilst it's marinating you can make the guacamole.Mash two avocados with a fork (I like mine quite chunky), add a garlic clove, sea salt and the lemon juice. If you put the pip back in, it wont go brown (Thanks Rosie, The Londoner for this awesome tip).

Once your chicken is marinated heat up a frying pan/griddle pan and once it's really hot add your chicken and the marinade. Fry it for a few minutes on each side then add about 3-4 tbs of water. Leave it on for another 10 minutes or so until the chicken looks ready. Add some more water to the pan (about 1 dl) and once it's boiling pop-in your cherry tomatoes. Move them around until they pop.

Enjoy !

P.S I will try it on the BBQ next time
 







Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment